We’ve recently published these 2 new free apps for Windows Phone 7. I hope people will find them usefull during summer time.
SkyMap Free works fine offline – so if you’re camping, away from light polution, but with no phone/data coverage, you can still use SkyMap Free.
AstroPix is a NASA’s APOD viewer. It’s a free app displaying beautiful pictures of our Universe.
SkyMapFree provides interactive sky maps for any time, viewpoint and location on Earth. It shows the different names, coordinates, magnitude, astronomical rise and set times plus additional information for over 110000 stars, messier objects, planets, sun and the moon.
SkyMapFree has a full set of features in order to help both casual stargazers and amateur astronomers to explore and locate the objects in the sky:
– interactive zoom
– night mode
– gesture support
– constellations, stars, deep space objects, planets, sun and moon information
– autocomplete search function
– fast loading and initialization
– support for portrait and landscape orientations
– map rotation mode
– point to sky mode (beta)
– flashlight, map orientation lock and other improvements
– help page
– improved sky map graphics: planet images, star colors, diffraction spikes, etc
– sky object information (wikipedia integration)
– new quick settings bar (star density selection, flip map)
– alt/az grid
– additional customizations (show/hide map layers: planets, stars, messier objects, etc)
Imagine a beautiful clear summer sky. Look up and discover the beauty of our universe… Have you ever looked through a telescope? Do you enjoy the breathtaking pictures taken from terrestrial or outer space telescopes? Look no further and install AstroPix!
Based on the NASA APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) website, Astropix is a friendly daily astronomy picture viewer. APOD features each day a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.
The free AstroPix application offers a full set of features, delivering a great integration between the APOD website and the rich and compelling UI of the Windows Phone platform.
– Lists the recent pictures published on the APOD website
– Image viewer in both landscape and portrait modes
– Last viewed picture displayed as application background (using panorama control)
– History of viewed images with large thumbnails and description
– Search by name, description or date
– Select a specific date, random date, today, etc
– Image/photograph full explanation and information
– Full screen display
– Image zoom (to small or large dimensions) by pich or double click